Saturday, April 3, 2010

And the rain came down

I finally slept last night without being haunted by visions and voices. It was the first night in about a week. I feel like I'm finally ahead of the tormenting on my brain for now. Things are back in place at the moment with my childhood and my manic depression. There is peace. After weeks and weeks of the blaring sun, my eyes are soothed by the quiet rain, gently falling outside my window. As nature drinks in thirst, my soul refreshes in the cool, inviting shower. I soak in the relief. I am alive. I can breathe again. Lavishing in the many miracles of nature, life and God's timing. So pure and untouched. I am here. I am still here. Once again, I survived.

2 comments:

Emeila said...

I used to feel the same way when I didnt here the voices anymore. It felt awesome. I am happy you are feeling better. hugs

Mart the Fart said...

For me the rain is a welcome form of relaxation music. I agree with you that when you're tucked up inside, the sound of the rain is soothing and relaxing. I love walking in any weather but the most enjoyable time for me is when it's raining. There is private space, solitude, time for concentration, thoughts, dreaming and peace.

This is a wonderful piece of writing for your blog. So glad you're here to tell us about it.

I loved the picture of Chance, he's an Angel. Mart