Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mania tripping

The vengeful ficus

Manias are like ice cream for the brain after eating the mud of depression.  My thoughts were racing last night when I went to bed and I let them go on their rampage.  Until I found out that my house plants were angry and threatening me.  Glad they can't climb out their pots!  WHEW!!  There were two large ficus trees hanging right over my head last night.  I'm sure if they could they would climb out, grab and shake me.  They have been through many droughts over the past few years, I'm surprised they don't beat me with their branches when I walk by them.  Note to self:  Always remember to duck when passing by ficus trees.  Probably should steer clear of the vines also, they are libel to tangle and constrict me if word gets around from the ficus.

The monster cactus and his angry posse


Thank goodness that my large cactus survives with little water.  He would probably figure out how to start shooting his spines at me.  I'm pretty sure I could outrun the little ones, only problem is there are very few little ones.  Since most of them reach the ceiling or are climbing the walls, there is great need to be cautious as they outnumber me.  I can't walk anywhere without seeing green.  I think I'd better keep the music up loud, maybe this will scramble their signals with each other.  It would be a scary thing if news traveled of their plans.  Have YOU watered your plants today?????  

4 comments:

Emeila said...

Good Morning, thank you for your comment on my blog. It was so helpful, midnight. You are very kind in taking your time. I dont have any plants but I do have a fish and I have to remember to feed him. ;)Have peaceful day!!

****** said...

Hey Midnight. Love all your plants there! I havent got any plants either, tho may get some when we move house soon.

Mart the Fart said...

Hi Midnight, Love todays post and pictures.

I'm going to have to think of a subject for you to write about and publish because your writing is so good.

I'll work on it. Hugs. Mart

Sarah said...

That cactus plant is amazing. I have one plant and I swear it gives me the middle finger even though it is has light and water. I do not have the greenest of thumbs.